- Posted by admin
- On October 16, 2019
- Energy Efficiency, Fahrhall, furnace, Furnace Maintenance, Windsor
Your heating system works hard to keep your home warm and comfortable. Here are a few steps you can take to help increase furnace efficiency and enjoy the benefits of a more evenly-heated home and lower monthly energy bills.
1. Change Direction of Ceiling Fans – Since hot air rises, you can use a ceiling fan to gently circulate warm air throughout a room. Change the fan direction so it’s spinning clockwise and use the lowest setting to push warm air from the ceiling to the ground.
2. Clear Vents – Restricting airflow into rooms can stress your heating system and lower furnace efficiency. Take a walk through your house and make sure vents and registers aren’t blocked by furniture or curtains and be sure to clean out any dust or debris that has built up.
3. Use a Smart Thermostat – Lowering the temperature while you’re not home can provide significant savings throughout the winter. A smart thermostat can automatically adjust the indoor temperature, lowering it when everyone leaves and raising it in time for your arrival home.
4. Change the Furnace Filter – We recommend that homeowners check their filter every month and replace it as needed. Running a furnace with a clogged filter restricts airflow, which can cause the system to work harder, overheat and potentially breakdown. It can also decrease indoor air quality, affecting those who have allergies or breathing problems.
5. Schedule Yearly Tune-Up – One of the best ways to improve furnace efficiency and help prevent breakdowns is to get annual maintenance. A qualified technician will thoroughly inspect the system, clean key components, make small adjustments and address any issues. Preventative maintenance can help extend the lifespan of your furnace and provide peace-of-mind that your system will reliably heat your home all winter.
Don’t wait until the snow arrives to schedule your annual tune-up.
We are currently taking bookings for furnace maintenance.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment.
At Fahrhall Home Comfort Specialists, we only employ licensed and experienced technicians. When you use us for any of your furnace repair, service or installation needs, you have the reassurance that you’ll receive the highest quality service in the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent area.