The Best Smart Thermostat: Nest vs. iComfort vs. Daikin One+
- air quality, Fahrhall, Home Comfort, HVAC, HVAC Tips, smart thermostat, Windsor
Smart thermostats can improve your home comfort and save you money, but the increasing number of options can make the decision more complicated than it needs to be. We’ve created a guide with our three favourite models to help you choose the best smart thermostat for your home.
What is a smart thermostat?
Before we breakdown each model’s features, we thought we would quickly explain what a smart thermostat is so that you know what to look for to find the best option. Smart thermostats allow you to remotely adjust the temperature using your wireless devices from anywhere you can access wifi or data. In addition to their remote capabilities, they also allow you to customize your heating and cooling schedules and most models become self-automated over time.
Google Nest Learning Thermostat
The Google Nest thermostat is definitely the most popular choice, and that is because they’re one of the best smart thermostat options. In addition to being able to seamlessly integrate with your other Google products, they have:
- A user-friendly app that allows you to remotely control the temperature.
- An away feature controlled by sensors that automatically adjusts the temperature in your home when you leave.
- A colour display with real-time temperature and weather reports in high-resolution.
Lennox iComfort Wi-Fi Touchscreen Thermostat
iComfort smart thermostats are made by Lennox, and they come in a variety of high-quality models. They are some of the most feature-rich models on the market, and as such, they’re considered to be in the running for the best smart thermostat on the market. Lennox designed them to have all of the smart thermostat basics, as well as:
- A “feels like” feature, which tells you what the temperature outside will actually feel like by factoring in things like the wind chill and heat index.
- Compatibility with Amazon’s Alexa allowing for voice control.
- An active monitoring system, which will alert you and your dealer immediately if there is an issue with your HVAC system.
Daikin One+ Smart Thermostat
Daikin’s quality products have made them one of the most trusted names in the HVAC industry, and their smart thermostats are no different. If you already have Daikin equipment, this will be the best smart thermostat option for your home because they offer:
- Two-way communication capabilities with your existing Daikin equipment, as long as it’s new enough to be compatible.
- Automated changes between your heating and cooling systems to keep the temperature inside your home within your comfort zone setting.
- Indoor and outdoor air quality reports that can be viewed directly on the display.
Looking to upgrade to a smart thermostat?
Contact Fahrhall for a free quote or for more information!
Fahrhall has been proudly serving the HVAC needs of the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent regions for over 50 years. Providing our clients with reliable equipment and quality service is our team of licensed professionals’ number one priority.