Ideal Thermostat Settings for Winter
- air quality, Fahrhall, furnace, Home Comfort, smart thermostat, Windsor, winter
Heating your home can be expensive, but you don’t have to sacrifice warmth to save money. To balance comfort and expenses, use these ideal thermostat settings during the winter.
|Everyone is gone during the day OR
Sleeping at night
17°C and 19°C
|People home during the day||Between
20°C and 22°C
By changing the temperature throughout the day, you’ll have the best of both worlds—being comfortable and keeping monthly bills low.
A smart thermostat can automatically lower the temperature when everyone leaves and turn on the heat as people start to arrive home. These thermostats work using geo-fencing and learning schedules. Once installed, many homeowners find that they never have to adjust the settings again as the thermostat automatically monitors activity in the home and changes the settings accordingly.
While there are many smart thermostats available, two of the best on the market are the Lennox iComfort S30 and the Daikin One+.
Lennox iComfort S30
- The Smart Away Mode uses GPS in connected smartphones to detect when people are leaving and automatically lowers the temperature.
- Schedule IQ Technology is a one-time programming feature that senses routine changes and adjusts heating to match.
- One-Touch Away Mode overrides the regular schedule to turn down the heat when leaving the house.
- Schedule Screen displays the programmed schedule and easily allows users to make changes.
- Away Screen displays energy-saving set-points that are entered manually or automatically using geo-fencing
- Voice Activation using Google assistant and Alexa to remotely control your heating system with the new Daikin One Home app.
Make sure you stay comfortable this winter without the high monthly bills. Install a smart thermostat to automatically adjust heating temperatures throughout the day.
If you have any questions about your home comfort, including smart thermostats,
don’t hesitate to contact Fahrhall Home Comfort Specialists.
Since 1967, Fahrhall Home Comfort Specialists has been providing reliable heating, cooling, plumbing and air quality service and installation to residential customers in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent.