- Posted by admin
- On January 18, 2017
- Chatham, furnace replacement, HVAC, Windsor
When it comes time for furnace replacement at home, make sure that you call in a professional. In an effort to save money, you might be tempted to take on the task of heating installation yourself. However, it is more cost-effective in the long term to hire a licensed professional for the following reasons:
- Decreased efficiency from improper installation. A top of the line furnace will never be as efficient as it can be if it’s not installed correctly. There are many ways in which a homeowner can make a mistake with heating installation that decreases efficiency and results in higher energy bills.
- Increased number of service calls. Improper heating installation can lead to premature wear and tear on parts and a decrease in the lifespan of the unit. A novice installer might not even know that they made a mistake until there is a complete furnace breakdown!
- Many manufacturers only sell to authorized dealers, and for good reason! Sale restrictions are in place to protect homeowners who do not have the knowledge and certification to safely accomplish a successful heating installation. Trust your heating, cooling and air conditioning dealer to help you select the correct furnace for your home heating needs.
- Warranties on parts can be nullified. The small print behind the ownership of heating units more often than not requires that a licensed professional perform the heating installation to maintain the validity of the warranty. If you choose to install your new furnace yourself, be prepared to likely waive your warranty. Without that guarantee, you will be responsible for covering the cost of parts that would otherwise be covered by the manufacturer.
Fahrhall Home Comfort Specialists is a locally owned Premier Lennox Dealer and Daikin Comfort Pro Dealer.
We are proud of the products we carry, our service and our commitment to our customers and our community.